Tuesday 3 April 2018
Album Production Management Internship
PENTATONE is a leading classical music record label with outstanding artists, specializing in high quality recordings. The office is located in Baarn, close to Amsterdam and Utrecht. We are currently working with a group of 15 highly motivated colleagues.
PENTATONE believes in the power of classical music and is invested in the philosophy behind it: we are convinced that refined music is one of the most important wellsprings of culture and essential to human development. We hold the acoustic tastes and musical preferences of our artists in high regard, and these play a central role from the start to the end of every recording project. This ranges from repertoire selection and recording technology to choosing cover art and other visual assets for the booklet.
PENTATONE stands for premium quality. The musical interpretations delivered by our artists reach new standards in our recordings. Recorded with the most powerful and nuanced audio technologies, they are presented to you in the most luxurious, elegant products.
The intern is working closely with our product manager. Product management is responsible for the creation of all our albums in close correspondence with artists and artist managers, up to the production with the factory and the market launch with our distributors and in-house marketing team. PENTATONE releases around 60 albums per year in various formats; CD, Vinyl and digital releases and digital products for Music providers like Spotify, Apple Music.
Your support is needed on:
• Assisting Product Manager in daily operations
• General department administration
• Administrative support for projects
• Sourcing scores and libretti
• Edition/preparation of text materials for album artwork
• Catalogue inventory
• Occasional attendance at concerts and recording sessions• Research & analyze industry trends
• A self-responsible, enthusiastic person with strong project management skills
• Good general communication skills and excellent English
• Preferably a basic knowledge of German and/or French and Italian
• Good attention to detail
• Ability to read music recommended
• Educational background in classical music/ music management
• Availability to work 16 – 24 hours a week
• The intern must be a current active student and be a citizen of the EU.
• Unique insights into the recording industry
• A young and motivated team
• A good internship compensation
• Additional commuting support
• Drinks & lunch
• Free concert attendance