PENTATONE is an international classical music record label with outstanding artists specialising in premium quality recordings, which are sold worldwide. The label is located in Baarn, the Netherlands.
The intern will provide general administrative support to the Pentatone team, providing inter-departmental structure and proper classifications of contracts, data, schedules and legal information that are the groundwork of a music label. The candidate will gain invaluable insights into the world of record labels and the music business in general.
The intern must be enrolled in higher education or recently graduated and be a citizen of the EU, preferably living in Amsterdam or Utrecht region as our team is working in hybrid mode.
Responsibilities will include:
- General project administration, including financial and legal aspects;
- Making sure each new recording project has all relevant legal documentations; signed by all parties and stored appropriately;
- Maintaining a comprehensive recording schedule;
- Updates the relevant legal information in all the files used across departments;
- Supports the product team with metadata submission and administration;
- Maintains several data files, such as the “mastersheet” and “airplay” documents;
- Supports the administration department with the royalty system and pay-outs
We are looking for someone with:
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail;
- Very good at Excel;
- Great at teamwork and with a cooperative attitude;
- Excellent English skills (German and/or French are a plus);
- Educational background in music, (music) administration or (music) law;
- Availability to work 24 or 32 hours a week, for a period of at least 6 months.
- Unique insights into how the recording industry works;
- The chance to gain experience of working at a successful classic music record label;
- Possibility to attend recording sessions and sometimes concerts;
- The chance to start developing a network within the industry;
- A young, diverse and motivated team;
- Free drinks & lunch in our office;
- Commuting support;
- Hybrid work.
The internship will last at least 6 months (24- 32 hours per week).
Please send your CV and your motivation letter to: email@example.com